From November 11th – 18th my book will be hosted on Goodreads in their prize giveaway. Anyone can enter for their chance to win one of five copies of my debut book; The Quick Guide to Classroom Management, 45 Secrets That All High School Teachers Need to Know.
Loads of hard work went into this book. A whole year of intense, full-time research, editing and enhancing has resulting in a 5 star rated book on Amazon that is guaranteed to improve the effectiveness of your teaching. Also, a nice thing about this book is that it was illustrated by two of my former students.
This book will teach you, through the hard-earned experience of the author and the contributors, the secrets of:
1. Working effectively with parents: your key customers
2. Enjoying productive relationships with your co-workers
3. Building and maintaining rapport with your students
4. Actively engaging your students in the learning process
5. Engaging your advanced learners (such as your ‘A’ – Level, SAT and IBDP students)
6. Managing student behaviour in a way that is non-confrontational
7. Using ICT to effectively enhance the learning process
8. Teaching overseas, and the special challenges this involves
Fully illustrated with infographics, images, diagrams and charts (and with extensive citations throughout) this book offers a ‘breath of fresh air’ for the pedagogical literature scene and provides a high-quality, accessible and essential guide for every high school teacher.