Reblogged on 27th April 2016 courtesy of Senior Year: Strategies for Success — Learning in Teaching
Teaching seniors can be so rewarding!
However, senior students present many challenges…
On any given day of the school year, seniors may be:
excited to be the upperclassmen
invincible in their final endeavors
anxious to graduate (aka senioritis)
sad to leave the security of a school
concerned about becoming adults
frustrated by being confined to rules
nervous about the future
unsure of what comes next
But senior year is so many things for so many different students…
- It can be the last chance to bump up that GPA for college.
- It can be the last sentimental year for activities.
- It can be the last chance to make up credits needed for graduation.
- It can be the last opportunity to build those lasting connections with classmates.
- It can be the longest-shortest 10 months of their life.
Read the rest of this article at Senior Year: Strategies for Success — Learning in Teaching